Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hear Dallas, See Dallas, EXPLORE Dallas!!

When I used to have cable TV and a so-called life, I used to watch The Amazing Race. It's the only reality TV show I could totally see myself doing (even if I expose myself as a total control freak type-A person). The hubs and I used to talk about how cool it would be to do it together - the adrenaline, the challenges, the international experience, the prize! That's all fantasy and we'd probably never ever apply to be contestants of it, but it's still fun to day dream and live vicariously through others. Who doesn't love to live vicariously through other people right? Anyhow, I got to work this morning and checked Groupon's deal for Dallas today, this got me all ears, or rather all eyes *imagine a dog's expression when you call its name when it was busy enjoying its raw hide - ears perked and head slightly tilted at curiousity*


Gorilla Challenge? What's that?! I promptly clicked on the included website link and boy was I excited!!! As stated on their website:
"Gorilla Challenge is an “Amazing Race” style event where you and your team race to solve clues around the city, taking pictures along the way hoping you either get the grand prize or at least mini prizes at the clue locations, and having loads of fun.

You’re given a card filled with clues pointing in different directions within a 3 to 5 mile radius. Once you get to a location, you’ll find an additional slip with instructions on what to do next with your camera. It could be anything ranging from taking a simple picture with the object, singing for someone, putting together a mini-puzzle, or just making funny faces.

You’ll have as much time as you need to get to 10 out of the 12 clues, with a couple of clues containg tickets to redeem for an iPod, Amazon Gift Certificate, and other gift certificates to local restaurants and reatailers.

Once you’ve picked up your 10 clues, you head back to the start location to win the finishing prize, redeem a ticket, or get a nice pat on the back and enjoy the live entertainment and food and beverage specials!

Gorilla Challenge is open to persons of all ages, with the exception of Goa’uld, members of the Dark Side, Borg’s, and Zombies. Jedi Knights are welcome."

A local Amazing Race!! How freaking awesome is that!! While still challenging, it seems easier on the stress level and much more light hearted. A fun picture at each "pit stop" - in blogging world, we know pictures are muy importante and totally make things 1000% better right! Here's an example of clues during San Antonio's Gorilla Challenge:
And no challenge is ever complete without prizes!

First place = $500 for the team
Second place = $250 for the team
Third place = $100 for the team
Best costume = $50
Runner-up = $25

Wait, costume contest too?? No way!! This is just too much fun already, and all I've done is read about the darn thing. I know, I'm a nerd - now quit rolling your eyes at me!! As much fun as it promises and as excited as I am about it (if you couldn't tell by now), the hubs and I won't be able to participate. *disc scratch* The Dallas Gorilla Challenge is on March 19th, which is a Saturday and what are our weekends occupied with? dun dun duunnnn - donut shop! *wah wah waaah* Sigh... Super sad now. Here's a schedule of upcoming Gorilla Challenges in the U.S. - go partake and let me know how it went and how you did! I can live vicariously through you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...