Thursday, May 5, 2011

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue,

wedding flowers, here to debut!

I totally messed up the poem huh? Sorry! At least you know what today's post will be about - wedding flowers!!!

Who would have ever knew these wedding decors were so darn expensive? They die before even the day is over shoo! Then again, you slap on the word wedding or bride and the price automatically inflates 1,000% (consider this a warning future brides. Avoid these words at all cost when inquiring of prices!).

My knowledge of flowers equals


and


Period. So you can imagine how intimidated I was when vendors asked me what kind of flowers I wanted to include in the arrangements for my bouquet, the bridesmaids bouquets, the centerpieces, etc. I didn't want to show up at the florist appointments completely empty handed so I browsed various sites (e.g. The Knot) in search of arrangements and just saved them down to my jump drive. I figured I could just show my inspiration pictures even if I didn't know the names and let the florist do their magic. Fortunately, it worked!!

My wedding bouquet inspiration:
All flowers pictures were taken from The Knot

At each floral appointment, the florist pointed out I had a thing for lilies, specifically, calla lilies. Who would have known! With that new found knowledge, I announced I wanted calla lilies in the bouquets and the hubby's boutonniere and the rest was up to them.

We were debating between two florist. Both which had gorgeous displays, but one was well beyond our budget and we had to bid a sad adieu to. I highly recommend Karmen if she's in your budget. She will absolutely floor you with her vision. Fortunately, we are extremely excited to be working with the florist we did sign with and her vision for all our floral arrangements!

How is your flower knowledge and what's your favorite flower?

1 comment:

  1. I have absolutely no flower knowledge except they are pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...