Friday, June 17, 2011

Misunderstanding can be a good thing!

If you recall (or don't, but that's okay), I exchanged the engagement session of our photography package with a boudoir session. You see, when I Wikipedia-ed "boudoir", the definition was "a lady's private bedroom, sitting room or dressing room." I thought it meant the photographers were coming in a lil early the day of the wedding to capture me getting ready because the package only included 8 hours. Perfect! I'd love to have pictures capturing the moments of putting on makeup, the girls/guys laughing with excitement, etc. Enter the increasing popularity of boudoir shoots on Weddingbee. Hrm... This is interesting. Girls taking pin up girl pictures in their lingerie or with the classy illusion of them being naked.
Uh oh.

What did I sign up for?!

So I went back to Wikipedia only to realize I failed to scroll down to where an explanation of what a boudoir is in relation to photography - "...create a set of sensual images for women in "boudoir style". This often takes the shape of partly clothed images or images in lingerie, and has become more than just a passing fad for brides to surprise their future husbands." *face palm*

Okay. Breathe Alice. Just. Breathe. Oh who am I kidding! I totally panicked. Sheltered, conservative me just signed up for a risque photoshoot with 2 GUY photographers. *gulp* Then, I saw the light as I was browsing through more boudoir photos. It doesn't have to be all sensual. They can be fun and light hearted.

Above two photos are from Stacy Reeve's Racy
Steeve's Portfolio

I could do this. This could be fun. I'll be out of my element, but I think this would be a great gift for the hubby and a great workout motivation for me. I quickly texted my MOH and seeked advice. She's likes to call herself, um, "fashion forward". I'll leave that up for your own interpretation. So she gave me some makeup pointers (since I wear none) and what type of lingerie, accessories, and shoes I should start shopping for.

The morning of the shoot, I showered, put my makeup on (false lashes and all! Aren't you impressed??) and attempted to curl my hair a la Kim Kardashian.
Love her curls!! I. Want.

Only to give myself a nasty burn. on the neck. Awesome.
That's what mine looked like. Sigh.

Just in case you forgot, it's a boudoir shoot. As in, I'm just wearing a bra and panties. Just. Great. On the brink of tears, I texted Jamie, one of the photographers, of my horrible predicament. To cheer me up, Jamie responded, "We'll utilize your long beautiful hair to cover up some, if possible. If not, that's what photoshop is for!" With my mind a little more at ease, I headed out to the Skirvin Hotel to get my sexy on.

With the bridal session the day before as a trial run with my photographers, I couldn't be more confident in them capturing the pictures that would be a gift to my future hubby on the day of our wedding. Was I still nervous? Heck yea I was, but I felt something come over me and I was ready to rock this shoot.

When the pictures were available for viewing, I was completely ecstatic about them. I loved them!! After it was all said and done, I felt the shoot was more for me than for the hubs, but don't tell him that! If anything, after we have a kid or two (in the future), I can grab these photos and reminisce about the awesome bod I once had, but will never have again. Sigh... Thanks future kids, not!

While I kept the shoot totally PG/PG-13, I'm not going to post pictures of me in just a bra and panties all over the web (although it's pretty much just like bikinis no?). With this post being rated G now, I'll give you a lil peek into my boudoir (headshot) session!













Anybody else as naive as I was and misunderstood what a boudoir shoot was? Would you do a boudoir shoot? If not, I would totally recommend it!



*All photos were taken by Colorband PhotoArtisan unless otherwise stated.

1 comment:

  1. Alice! I loved these pictures! Omg, you look so gorgeous and sexy in them! I bet if I looked at your rated R pics, lay woi leng bao geng! Hot hot hot!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...