Monday, February 14, 2011

Hugs and Kisses

First things first, I suppose - Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Want to know a secret? OMG! I can't believe I'm about to tell you this because you are more than likely going to pull my woman card. Well... the hubs and I don't really celebrate this holiday. Okay, for those of you who are completely baffled - yea yea yea, whatev. For those of you who can relate - yay us! I'm cheap. As in I won't buy the item if it's not on sale, and even if it is - it's gotta be on super sale or I have to have a badass coupon. Which is why I can't imagine the hubs spending our hard earned dollars on some flowers that cost 5x the amount on the day before or after, and they die faster than I can finish saying supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Oh, and I don't like chocolate either (oh dear, this is already going to be a "beat some sense into Alice" post) except for once a month because my hormones can dominate the entire universe if it wanted to. BUT! Not all is lost as we'll take any excuse to go out and eat. So this year, we rounded up our closest friends and headed to a mom and pop Italian Restaurant, Bellisimo's, for dinner and wine. And because we're savage pigs when it comes to food - no pictures were taken. We also went to go see Cirque Du Soleil's OVO.


The hubs and I are frequenters to Vegas and have seen all the Cirque Du Soleil shows, so in comparison with the others, it was somewhat disappointing. The comedy was hilarious, but the acts were meh. Don't get me wrong, the skills of all the performers are absolutely phenomenal, but the context of it left little to be desired. If you haven't seen other Cirque shows, I'm sure OVO is amazing! With our ungodly work schedule, being able to go out with some friends and enjoy each other's company was completely blissful for us so we can't complain too much!

Oh! And Penga of Sakacon (go check out her site because her and her hubby are crazy talented. They HANDMADE her wedding dress y'all - enough said!) made a valentine's card that was to die for (for me at least because it totally reflects who the hubs and I are) and she was so generous to mail them out to various bloggers. This will be the hubby's vday card with some hubba hubba writing on the back.


Do y'all celebrate Valentine's Day? If so, what do you look forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...