Friday, February 18, 2011

Lost: Feminine traits

1 week into blogging, and this will be the third time my woman card is getting pulled, but I digress. Truth about Alice #2: I don't do shopping. I have zero patience for shopping and have the lamest style - ever! Kelsey at Minted Life (she has such a natural beauty and her wardrobe is fabulous) is doing a weekly showcase of her wardrobe so I'll do that next week and show you what I mean by lame. I see what I like, but it's usually rather simple and boring. Items purchased also have to be able to double dip aka work with dress slacks for corporate world and with jeans for the weekends - cost savings 1 point, variety in clothing - 0.  For instance, LOVE LOVE LOVE this dress, but for $150, not so much.


Anyhow, my awesome hubby and awesome friend Lilli do my shopping for me. When they go shopping, they just keep an eye out for something I might like and just pick it up. Lilli picks out clothes I wouldn't take a second look at on the hanger nor pick myself, and yet I find myself loving those articles and the hubs likes the spice in my wardrobe. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE looking at the different outfits everyone wears and wish I could dress like them, but either a) I'm too cheap to buy "nice" clothing, b) I'm too wallflower to try anything new, or c) both a and b. Once again, I digress. The main reason for this post - I'm a bridesmaid in one of my good friend's wedding! YAY!!! Which means... dum dum dummmmmm - I gotta pick out a bridesmaid dress! *cue scary knife in horror movie sound*  The bride even sent me a lil prayer via text because she knows how flippin difficult this might be for me:


Her colors are charcoal gray and blush pink, and has left us to our own discretion on choice. Great! Leave can't.shop.for.herself.with.no.sense.of.fashion.girl a blank canvas. *cringe* At least this will give me a great opportunity to start stalking browsing WeddingBee again! Anyone have suggestions for a charcoal gray and/or blush pink dress for me? I'll buy you Starbucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...